Activities of “Tourist organization of Municipality Trebinje” in 2010
In 2010 “Tourist Organization of Municipality Trebinje” fulfilled number of activities which were carried out independently or in cooperation with the local community and interested partners, and which were of great importance for the development of tourism on the territory of our municipality. These activities were realized in accordance with finance with which Tourist Organization disposed. Those activities are:
- February – March – April – Realization of the final phase in the implementation of the project „Tourist -info center” in cooperation with UNDP BiH (adaptation of the room, purchase and procurement of furniture and equipment…);
- February – Successful performance of Tourist Organization of Municipality Trebinje on the 32nd International tourist fair in Belgrade – where it promoted religious tourism as well as hercegovinian wine and smoked ham on its stall. Wine cellars Anđelić, Tvrdoš, Vukoje, Tarana, Herceg vino and Aćimović presented themselves with their products, as well as TDS Tarana with its cured meat; in addition, representative of “ Zahumsko-hercegovacka i primorska” eparchy promoted religious tourism;
- April – Active participation in the 13th International fair of homestead – Mostar 2010 where high level of interest of visitors for our Municipality was noticed;
- April – we gathered and prepared data for printing some new promotional material (catalogues, maps, brochures and leaflets);
- May – opening ceremony of Tourist - info center with which the project with UNDP BiH was successfully ended;
- May- we signed contract with commission agents (association of women “Vasila, souvenir shop “Art špaiz” and souvenir shop “Matprint”) about sale of souvenirs in Tourist – info centre;
- June – together with Municipality Trebinje and Communal Society Trebinje we took part in the action “More beautiful Srpska – more beautiful Trebinje“;
- June – we conceived, designed and printed tourist questionnaire (Serbian, English and Italian version) which was filled in by visitors of Tourist – info centre, which will contribute to the improvement of service delivery to tourists in the future;
- July – active participation in traditional manifestation “Jumping from the Stone Bridge“;
- July – we successfully organized cultural manifestation “Concert of brass music Stolac”, which is included in the calendar of the cultural manifestations of municipality and which will be traditionally held within "Trebinje Summer Festival ";
- July –with the project "Improvement of tourist offer through promotions" we applied for the awarding of funds at the Ministry of Trade and Tourism of Republic of Srpska;
- August – tourist organization hosted an international tourist patrol (representatives of SACEN International), and afterwards it was announced that Trebinje entered narrow selection for the award of "Golden cup of hospitality 2010" - tourist Oscar, the most prestigious reward in the field of tourism in the region of Southeast Europe, assigned by the International Centre for development and improvement of tourism and catering (SACEN International) from Belgrade.
- August – we made and printed new, much more detailed map of the town.
- September – October – successful performance of Tourist Organization on the 43rd Tourism Fair in Novi Sadand two important awards won - "Great Gold Plaquette for Quality", which was assigned by Novi Sad Fair and the "Award for good design - for the catalogue of presentation of Trebinje municipality”, which was assigned by the Chamber of Economy of Vojvodina and Novi Sad Fair.
- October – we updated web page;
- November – successful performance of Tourist Organization of Municipality Trebinje on the Tourism fair in Banja Luka called “Lorimes”, where souvenirs and handicrafts of the souvenir shop "Art spaiz" and Association of Women "Vasila" as well as products of "TDS Tarana", “Ljekobilje" and "Herceg-med” and wines from Trebinje cellars were all presented on the stand of Tourist Organization of Municipality Trebinje.
- December – we applied with project at the Czech Government for the assignment of funds.